About Me

My photo
Lake Mathews (Perris), CA, United States
Born in Illinois, I grew up in Wilmette, a northern suburb of Chicago. I have one sibling, an older brother. I am married, for the 2nd time now, to Butch & got 4 children in the deal. They have gone on to make me grandmother 25 times over & great-grandmother to over 20!. After many years working in industry, I got my bachelors and masters degrees in speech communication, & was a professor in that field for 13 years. I retired in 2001 & returned to school & got my doctorate in folklore. Now I meld my two interests - folklore & genealogy - & add my teaching background, resulting in my current profession: speaker/author/entertainer of genealogically-related topics. I play many folk instruments, but my preference is guitar, which I have been playing since 1963. I write the "Aunty Jeff" column for the Informer, newsletter of the Jefferson County NY Gen. Soc. I work in partnership with Gena Philibert-Ortega & Sara Cochran as Genealogy Journeys® where we focus on educating folks about Social History. More about that: genaandjean.blogspot.com. More on our podcasts: genjourneys.podbean.com. More about my own projects: Circlemending.org.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Family History Expo Countdown, St. George, UT - Banquet

We are just 2 weeks away from the Family History Expo in St. George. The Friday night banquet promises to be something completely new and different (I can say this because Circlemending is the sponsor, which means I am creating the program, with the help of Gena Ortega, my husband Butch, and additional panelists A.C. Ivory and Arlene Eakle). We will be presenting a program of hints and helps for using and creating blogs, tweets, and chats. And, since I'm putting this together, you can be sure there will be some music involved! Some live, some "canned," and some singalong! Using the Expo theme of "Let your light shine" combined with the banquet theme of "the Wizard of Blogs," we will create an enjoyable and educational program.

I hope that if you have been wondering whether or not to register for the banquet, that the promise of an entertaining and informative presentation following a delicious meal will be enough to convince you that this is not something to pass up! You don't want to be at the Expo on Sat. and hear all about what you missed! Be one of those who is making others jealous because you were there! Click on the link above (the Expo icon) to register for the banquet (and if you are bringing someone with you who is not attending the Expo classes, that person can still register for just the banquet).

Other enticements: a free canvas tote bag that will tell everyone where you spent the weekend, a coupon worth $5 towards a single CD from the Circlemending booth (#414), a free trial for World Vital Records, and a memento from the Family History Expo folks. So what are you waiting for? Register today before they run out of spaces!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments related to this post or topic; others will be deleted. Contact blog author directly for other issues.