About Me

My photo
Lake Mathews (Perris), CA, United States
Born in Illinois, I grew up in Wilmette, a northern suburb of Chicago. I have one sibling, an older brother. I am married, for the 2nd time now, to Butch & got 4 children in the deal. They have gone on to make me grandmother 25 times over & great-grandmother to over 20!. After many years working in industry, I got my bachelors and masters degrees in speech communication, & was a professor in that field for 13 years. I retired in 2001 & returned to school & got my doctorate in folklore. Now I meld my two interests - folklore & genealogy - & add my teaching background, resulting in my current profession: speaker/author/entertainer of genealogically-related topics. I play many folk instruments, but my preference is guitar, which I have been playing since 1963. I write the "Aunty Jeff" column for the Informer, newsletter of the Jefferson County NY Gen. Soc. I work in partnership with Gena Philibert-Ortega & Sara Cochran as Genealogy Journeys® where we focus on educating folks about Social History. More about that: genaandjean.blogspot.com. More on our podcasts: genjourneys.podbean.com. More about my own projects: Circlemending.org.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday Singalong with Circlemending - Songs of the Season - The Birth of our Savior

It is the last Sunday of Advent. This coming Friday night is Christmas eve, when we celebrate the birth of our Savior. There are so many songs, hymns, and carols that celebrate that event. Surely you have many favorites, so share one here.

One of my favorites is "Infant Holy" - it's a simple song and I love the version on the recording "Twas on a Night Like This" (discussed a couple of weeks ago. But here is a YouTube version with a lovely background video, the song performed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Enjoy the experience.

So now it's your turn: Share the lyrics, title, or link to a favorite song that speaks to the birth of our Savior, the reason we celebrate this time of year. Let us not forget the Reason for the Season.

Merry Christmas to all my followers, and to anyone who just stumbles on this post.

3 comments:

  1. Jean:

    Merry Christmas!

    "O Holy Night" (1847)

    A gorgeous song performed by so many amazing artists; Josh Groban this time around - simply incredible!

    UTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQWXfHzOKUU

    All my best,

    Jennifer

    Jennifer R. Bernard
    Mont Vernon, NH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I love both of those, and don't forget one of my children's favorites, Away in a Manager!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I'm a new genealogy blogger at Family Archaeologist. I loved to sing in the choir as a kid & in High School, and every year go wherever I can to sing Christmas songs. O Holy Night was a favorite of my dad's and we sang it often. I just made a post about how my grandparents knew hundreds of songs and we've relegated singing to so-called "professionals." You may enjoy it at www.familyarchaeologist.com -- the post is "The Cash and Song Book" Plus my grandfather's diary of his trip to America 100 years ago will be posted on the centennial of its writing. Hope you drop by.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments related to this post or topic; others will be deleted. Contact blog author directly for other issues.