About Me

My Photo
Riverside County, California, United States
I am a native of Illinois and grew up in Wilmette, a northern suburb of Chicago. I have one sibling, an older brother. After dropping out of college, I moved to California in 1973 with my first husband. I married my present husband, Butch, in 1977 and got 4 children in the deal. They have gone on to make me a grandmother 24 times over and a great-grandmother of 13. Three years after I married Butch I returned to school. I got my bachelors and masters degrees in speech communication and was a professor in that field for 13 years. I retired in 2001 to return to school and get my doctorate in folklore. Now I meld my two interests - folklore and genealogy - and add my teaching background, resulting in my current profession: speaker/entertainer of genealogically-related topics. I play a number of folk instruments, but my preference is guitar, which I have been playing since 1963. I am a Board Certified genealogist and more information on all this, as well as direct contact info, is on my Circlemending website.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wordless Wednesday - 4 August 2010 - Mayer children

Norma and Jack Mayer (siblings, children of Edith Dallman Mayer and, respectively, Ray Mayer and Adolph Mayer - no relation to each other, that we know of - see yesterday's post for explanation). Photo, Chicago, Illinois, ca. 1936.

No comments:

Post a Comment