About Me

My photo
Lake Mathews (Perris), CA, United States
Born in Illinois, I grew up in Wilmette, a northern suburb of Chicago. I have one sibling, an older brother. I am married, for the 2nd time now, to Butch & got 4 children in the deal. They have gone on to make me grandmother 25 times over & great-grandmother to over 20!. After many years working in industry, I got my bachelors and masters degrees in speech communication, & was a professor in that field for 13 years. I retired in 2001 & returned to school & got my doctorate in folklore. Now I meld my two interests - folklore & genealogy - & add my teaching background, resulting in my current profession: speaker/author/entertainer of genealogically-related topics. I play many folk instruments, but my preference is guitar, which I have been playing since 1963. I write the "Aunty Jeff" column for the Informer, newsletter of the Jefferson County NY Gen. Soc. I work in partnership with Gena Philibert-Ortega & Sara Cochran as Genealogy Journeys® where we focus on educating folks about Social History. More about that: genaandjean.blogspot.com. More on our podcasts: genjourneys.podbean.com. More about my own projects: Circlemending.org.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wordless Wednesday - 23 June 2010, Remembering Mom

MOM
Virginia Marie Johnson Wilcox
b: 24 August 1911
d: 24 June 1994
(16 years ago tomorrow . . . missed every day)


ca. 1913, Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin


ca. 1929, Riverside High School, Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin



1933, Carroll College, Waukesha, Waukesha, Wisconsin


1935, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin


ca. 1973, McGregor, Aitken, Minnesota

3 comments:

  1. How neat! Thanks for sharing!

    Bill ;-)

    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
    http://www.examiner.com/x-53135-Springfield-Genealogy-Examiner

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tribute. I love the pics. She was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments related to this post or topic; others will be deleted. Contact blog author directly for other issues.