About Me

My photo
Lake Mathews (Perris), CA, United States
Born in Illinois, I grew up in Wilmette, a northern suburb of Chicago. I have one sibling, an older brother. I am married, for the 2nd time now, to Butch & got 4 children in the deal. They have gone on to make me grandmother 25 times over & great-grandmother to over 20!. After many years working in industry, I got my bachelors and masters degrees in speech communication, & was a professor in that field for 13 years. I retired in 2001 & returned to school & got my doctorate in folklore. Now I meld my two interests - folklore & genealogy - & add my teaching background, resulting in my current profession: speaker/author/entertainer of genealogically-related topics. I play many folk instruments, but my preference is guitar, which I have been playing since 1963. I write the "Aunty Jeff" column for the Informer, newsletter of the Jefferson County NY Gen. Soc. I work in partnership with Gena Philibert-Ortega & Sara Cochran as Genealogy Journeys® where we focus on educating folks about Social History. More about that: genaandjean.blogspot.com. More on our podcasts: genjourneys.podbean.com. More about my own projects: Circlemending.org.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Countdown to Mesa, AZ Expo, 22-23 Jan 2010, RootsMagic


Anyone who knows my love of genealogy knows I also love RootsMagic. There are a number of reasons for this; let me give you some of them:
1) Intensely user friendly (esp. good for a non-techy like me)
2) Ease in putting into a format where I can manipulate it (for me: Word)
3) Ease in making a copy for a family member or to use for another purpose (drag and drop!)
4) Easily editable "place" names (so cool!)
5) Compatibility with New FamilySearch (oh, double cool!!)
6) Amazing support from its CEO, Bruce Buzbee (that's triple cool!!!)

While RM does many things other genealogy software does, it is those things above, and more, that make it my software of choice. Perhaps it is just what you have been looking for ... to check that out, Bruce will make it easy for everyone attending the Family History Expo in Mesa, AZ on the 22nd & 23rd of January. He will be at booths #44-47 (where he also will have available other software from the RootsMagic developers) and will also be conducting some presentations on using this amazing software. Click the icon below to see the RM website:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments related to this post or topic; others will be deleted. Contact blog author directly for other issues.