About Me

My photo
Lake Mathews (Perris), CA, United States
Born in Illinois, I grew up in Wilmette, a northern suburb of Chicago. I have one sibling, an older brother. I am married, for the 2nd time now, to Butch & got 4 children in the deal. They have gone on to make me grandmother 25 times over & great-grandmother to over 20!. After many years working in industry, I got my bachelors and masters degrees in speech communication, & was a professor in that field for 13 years. I retired in 2001 & returned to school & got my doctorate in folklore. Now I meld my two interests - folklore & genealogy - & add my teaching background, resulting in my current profession: speaker/author/entertainer of genealogically-related topics. I play many folk instruments, but my preference is guitar, which I have been playing since 1963. I write the "Aunty Jeff" column for the Informer, newsletter of the Jefferson County NY Gen. Soc. I work in partnership with Gena Philibert-Ortega & Sara Cochran as Genealogy Journeys® where we focus on educating folks about Social History. More about that: genaandjean.blogspot.com. More on our podcasts: genjourneys.podbean.com. More about my own projects: Circlemending.org.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Family History Expo Countdown, Mesa, AZ

I've been added to the list of the

My dear friend Gena Philibert Ortega is also one of the bloggers of honor for the Mesa, AZ Family History Expo on 22-23 January 2010. Check her regular blogs by clicking on her name here and check out the other bloggers of honor by clicking on the image above.

Gena works for World Vital Records and edits their newsletter. Her website, Your Family History Research, includes information on her project of uniting people with their ancestors' artifacts gone astray, her fascinating book on The Cemeteries of the Eastern Sierra, her blog, her list of presentation topics, and her presentation calendar. If you have been fortunate enough to hear Gena speak, you know that her enthusiasm about Family History is contagious. Her knowledge of cemetery research, care of heirlooms, citing sources in your genealogy, finding female ancestors, and so much more makes her a much-requested presenter at genealogy societies and seminars.

I am in good company to be included in the Bloggers of Honor list with Gena and appreciate our friendship and professional association (she is the vice president of the Southern California Chapter of the Association of Professional Genealogists, in which I serve as president, and is also a regional director for the California State Genealogical Alliance).

Gena will be blogging about the Mesa Family History Expo in the coming weeks so check her blog, as well as this one, to learn more about what will be offered at this fabulous event happening just over a month from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments related to this post or topic; others will be deleted. Contact blog author directly for other issues.